Say hello to the siren of the sea in this adorable smiling mermaid coloring page! She’s ready and waiting to lure you into coloring fun!
Let’s Color the Smiling Mermaid Coloring Sheet
Mermaids make us smile – and want to swim! While we may not be as graceful as they are in the water (we’re better at channeling a floppy fish), we sure do admire their beauty and colorful fin! This smiling mermaid coloring sheet gives us an opportunity to pretend we’re mermaids and color it in just as we imagine we’d look…if we were part human/part fish.
How to Use the Smiling Mermaid Coloring Page
There are a lot of ways to use the smiling mermaid coloring page, but here are some of our favorites:
- Use the mermaid coloring page as part of your alphabet study. It’s perfect for the letter M.
- Doing a unit study on mythology? Use this coloring sheet when talking about Triton! (It’s also a great time to watch The Little Mermaid movie!)
- Read a book about mermaids and then color this page.
- Answer the age old question – are mermaids real? And then color in the smiling mermaid to make your heart happy.
- Have a debate about whether they are real or not! Use the smiling mermaid coloring sheet as “proof” that mermaids are real!
What to Use with This Coloring Page
Mermaids can be any color or combination of colors, so don’t worry about using standard hues. Break out those shiny, shimmery colors, and have a blast! You might even want to use a little glitter on her scales to make them sparkle. No matter how you color the mermaid, it will be perfectly swimming!
While we encourage you to use the coloring tools you like best, here are some of our favorites and those we used to color in our own smiling mermaid coloring sheet.
- Gel Pens – Gel pens are so much fun to color with! They have the richness of markers, the fluidity of watercolors, and the fine point that allows you to create a variety of lines. That’s why they’re fan favorites for coloring all sorts on different kinds or pages – just make sure not touch it until after its dry!
- Colored Pencils – Colored pencils are awesome when it comes to coloring this adorable mermaid! They make for endless shading possibilities, from subtle to brilliant hues. They work great!